Taulman Nylon 645 - 1.75mm
|Availability:||In stock (13)|
- Buy 3 for €28,50 each and save 5%
645 was a result of the feedback from the industrial community that had started using nylon 618 as 618 was released about 6 months earlier. The industrial community made requests for a higher strength nylon, as well as a polymer that was easier to evaluate in the final part/print. taulman3D worked with the community to develop nylon 645. Nylon 645 is a nylon 6/9, or a variant of nylon 6 and nylon 6T with a crystallinity optimization process. This provides a high degree of transparency. The transparency allows the industrial quality control groups to evaluate printed parts without destructive evaluation. They can easily look through the perimeters and make a determination as to the adhesion of inner fills.
Taulman Nylon 645 is a 65% transparent white color. It has a higher strength than 618 and is about 20% less pliable. 645 will dye with acid based dyes. Even though the polymer is less pliable, it maintains the slippery surface feature of nylons. Also as a nylon 6T variant, clumping is almost non-existent. 645 is a preffered polymer when parts to be printed will be subject to high stresses. As an extremely durable polymer, it handles stress at elevated temperatures. Depending on use, as high as 160C. 645 has the same chemical resistance as 618, but has 20% more resistance to chlorines.
Taulman 645 Nylon is specifically designed for 3D Printing applications where excellent surface bonding, reduced water absorption, tear resistance and dye absorption are combined in an easy-to-print line. Taulman 645 Prints as a bright natural to white with a translucent surface. It's possible to add colour with most common clothing dyes.
We currently sell Taulman 645 Nylon filament in spools of 450 grams.
Features of Taulman 645 filament:
- Taulman 645 Nylon is Manufactured in the U.S.A.;
- Taulman 645's bonding is best at a true 245C;
- Taulman 645 Nylon does not emit any fumes for printing;
- Taulman 645 Nylon meets the EU's "REACH" requirements as defined by the ECHA European Chemicals Agency. There are NO additives or chemicals in 645 that are listed in the REACH Directive. 645 Contains NO toxic chemicals and is "inert" to the body;
- As strong as injection molded parts;
- Parts 3D Printed with taulman 645 Nylon will be instantly recognizable as Nylon rather than any other plastic;
- Taulman 645 Nylon is machinable with similar settings and cutting speeds as used in Cast Nylon blocks.
Tips and Tricks for using Taulman 645 Nylon filament:
- Taulman 645 Nylon does not stick to glass or aluminum print tables. Use a flat piece of unfinished poplar wood instead;
- Prints from 235C to 280C. 240C-250C is best for most parts at average printing speeds;
- The printing speed is printer dependent. Printing with a speed of 28mm/s to 34mm/s in general perform well.